The March of Peace
The March of Peace
under the Banner of Peace
International Movement invites people worldwide, who truly share N. Roerich’s ideas and are committed to Culture, to join committee’s initiative and to participate in the March of Peace under the Banner of Peace, starting May, 14th, 2009 – 55th anniversary of the Hague Convention – till April, 15th, 2010 – 75th anniversary of the Pact of Roerich
The purpose of the March: to provide the affirmation of the 15th of April (the day of signing the Pact of Peace – Roerich Pact) as the Universal Day of Culture on the national level in countries around the world and on the international level in UNESCO.
Objectives of the March:
1. To involve outstanding public and political figures and all interested organizations in the Movement for the Affirmation of the 15th of April as the Universal Day of Culture.
• To organize local Councils and Organizing Committees of International Movement
• To involve the best representatives of science, art, education and religious in local Councils
• To extend the list of participants, the social and state organizations
• To collect support letters from outstanding figures of science, education, art etc.
We ask You to inform the Organizing committee of the International Movement about the accepted decision about your participation in the International Movement and about the Local Councils and Organizing committees email@example.com
2. The Signatures collection under the Appeal of the International Movement
• We offer the events spent by the Organizations, joined the International Movement, to spend under the aegis of the March of Peace in which time to carry out petition under the Appeal.
• The signatures collection will show situation with public opinion and quantity of the people supporting ideas of the Universal Day of Culture on regions and the countries.
• The form of the subscription list is placed on the site www.udculture.info
• To hold the Internet voting on the site www.udculture.info
We ask the organizations participants in the drive for signatures to register and notarize signatures after finishing of this measure and send notarized documents to the Organizing committee to the following address:
The Lenin prospectus 90, of. 211
119313, Moscow, Russia
3. Actualization of necessity of holding of the Universal Day of Culture under the Banner of Peace
To prepare reviews on following themes:
• The Condition of objects of Cultural heritage in regions and countries.
• Protection of cultural values - historical monuments, museums; scientific, art and educational institutions from plunder and destruction in a peace time.
• Necessity of protection and respect of employees of museums, scientific, art, educational institutions.
• To prepare data confirming a priority of culture in domestic and international relations
• Culture in the education of spiritual minded generation.
Themes can be extended.
4. The Appeal to the Head of Governments, Parliaments, Legislatures with initiative of legal acceptance the 15th of April as the Universal Day of Culture under the Banner of Peace.
• To prepare the documents:
Signatures, expressing the public opinion, letters in support of The Universal Day of Culture from outstanding figures; documents, confirming the topicality of holding The Universal Day of Culture in the region, country.
• To draw up the motivated Appeal to the Head of Governments, Parliaments, Legislatures with submission of documents and signatures given above.
5. The legal acceptance of the Universal Day of Culture under the Banner of Peace on the municipal, regional, state levels.
• To work on procedure of legal acceptance of the Universal Day of Culture, with submission of the documents specified in p. 6 and signatures, under the direction of local Council and Organizing Committee of the International Movement together with representatives of the government.
6. To provide the holding of The March of Peace in cooperation with UNESCO
• To contact representatives of UNESCO on places (where they are available ) for teamwork under the direction of local Council and Organizing Committee of the International Movement
7. To spend the Congress of participants of the International Movement on the 15th of April, 2010, sum up the executed during the March of Peace work, discuss the further actions according to the results and accept the Resolution.
The place of the Congress will be announced later.
8. To begin the procedure of submission in UNESCO the signatures and documents collected during the March, for acceptance on the international level the 15th of April as the Universal Day of Culture under the Banner of Peace
9. To begin in UNESCO the procedure of announcement 2014 as the Year of the Roerich Pact
We ask You to send the information in electronic form no more than 2 pages about joining to the International Movement and holding the March of Peace in Organizing Committee of the International Movement on the following address firstname.lastname@example.org
The sent materials will be generalized and systematized in the documentation of the International Movement.
All organizations participating in International Movement and the March of Peace, in process of joining will be listed on a site www.udculture.info
Organizing Committee of the International Movement
+7 (499) 264-70-51